Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Taking the big step !

I decided it was time to get away from the craziness of having to work outside of the home. I was tired of just making ends meet and not truly being paid for all the hard work and effort I put in to my job. I was a Office Manager and Bookkeeper for over 15+ years and felt it was time to step out on my own. It was a major decision that was not easy and actually very scary.
But I did it and started my own bookkeeping business and I am happy to say it was the best decision I ever made. I live in Ohio and the economy is pretty bad here right now. So to supplement my income I have picked up various side jobs. I have picked up some virtual customer service jobs, telemarketing, data entry , paid surveys and Amazon Mechanical Turk.
I love having the time to spend with my family and friends that I did not have before.

So if you are unsure about taking that big step try starting out taking baby steps. Get your feet wet and look for opportunities that you can do after your regular workdayor even on the weekends and see if working from home is the right step for decision for you.

No comments: