Useful tips when dining out so you don't pigout
1) Familiarize yourself with healthy cooking techniques and choose foods prepared with the least amount of fat, sugar, and salt.
2) Ask for half of the meal to be wrapped up before it is served.
3) Just leave the rest of the food on your plate when you feel satisfied. Remember -- it tastes just as good on the fifth bite as it does on the 25th bite!
4) Eat slowly!
5) Don't go out to eat STARVING -- curb your appetite with a salad, piece of fruit, or cup of broth-based soup before you go out.
6) Skip the refined white bread and butter -- it's unnecessary and nutritionally void.
7) Use condiments sparingly and order sauces, gravies, and dressings on the side.
8) Request extra veggies -- steamed, of course.
9) Share an appetizer and opt for the healthier choices -- raw bar items (clams, shrimp, crabmeat, etc).
10) Don't be shy -- ask your server about cooking techniques and request items the way you want them.